A taste of honey


.....tasting much sweeter than wine.
Casa Rosada is never without its honey.My monthly stock take never allows the larder to go below three jars. Sourced from a farm in the Asseca valley outside Tavira, the three flavour options are rosemary, orange or thyme (see the cross on the side of the jar). I always opt for the orange honey as it seems the most versatile and is always popular with our guests. At Casa Rosada that honey jar lid never stops turning from dawn till dusk. It flavours the yoghurt to accompany the fresh fruit we serve for breakfast. I also serve it as part of our preserve selection for the breakfast toast.The pork ribs need a sticky sauce. The belly pork needs a honey glaze.I need a honey and rosemary dressing for my goats cheese and beetroot salad.The fresh goats cheese with toasted almonds needs its honey drizzeurrl. Honeyed Chouriço as part of the tapas.Honey whipped cream or mascarpone to top the evenings dessert... the list goes ever on,- "would I lie to you honey"

Comments

Popular Posts